If after reading this notice you have questions, please contact us at (814) 774-4130 or write to us.
Information we collect about you
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications and other forms
- Information about your transactions with us
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency
- Information obtained when verifying the information you provide on an application and other forms; this may be obtained from your current or past employers, or from other institutions where you conduct financial transactions
We may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, as permitted by law.
Parties who receive information from us
We may disclose nonpublic personal information about you to the following types of third parties:
- Financial service providers, such as insurance providers
- Non-financial companies, such as consumer reporting agencies, data processors, check/share draft printers, and government agencies
Disclosure of information to parties that provide services to us
In order for us to conduct the business of the credit union, we may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements, to other companies that perform marketing services on our behalf, or to non-affiliated third parties for the purpose of processing and servicing transactions that you request or authorize, so that we may provide members competitive products and services.
We may also disclose nonpublic personal information about you under circumstances as permitted or required by law. These disclosures typically include information to process transactions on your behalf, conduct the operations of the credit union, follow your instructions as you authorize, or protect the security of financial records.
To protect our members’ privacy, we only work with companies that agree to maintain strong confidentiality protections and limit the use of information we provide. We do not permit these companies to sell the information we provide to other third parties.
Disclosure of information about former members
If you terminate your membership with Lake Erie Community Federal Credit Union, we will not share information we have collected about you, except as may be permitted or required by law.
How we protect your information
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees, board members, or committee members who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, or procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.